• Audio: Hormones, the Pill and Perimenopause - Dr Sherill Sellman (podcast June 10 2012)
• Audio: Menopause - Radio Noon Crosstalk (CBC.ca, November 15 2010)
• Audio: The Current with Anna Maria Tremonti (CBC.ca, November 8, 2010)
• Video: The Agenda with Steve Paikin: The Pill at 50 (TV Ontario, May 25, 2010)
To mark the 50th anniversary of the birth control pill, Dr. Jerilynn Prior joins fellow panelists Judy Rebick (Ryerson University), Kate Lunau (Maclean's magazine), and Christabelle Sethna (University of Ottawa) for a discussion of the cultural and medical significance of the Pill.
• Handling hormones is a balancing act (Georgia Straight, May 6, 2010)
• New menopause website stokes debate over HRT (Globe & Mail, October 16, 2009)
• Balanced hormones aid in getting knocked up (Georgia Straight, March 5, 2009)
• Zen menopause: The calm, cool change (Homemakers.com, March 2009)
• The truth about estrogen: handling the hormonal hot potato (More Magazine, November 2008)
• The Truth is in the Mucus (Monday Magazine, May 21, 2008)
Dr. Art Hister welcomes Dr. Jerilynn Prior to "House Calls", Canada's longest running health radio show. The two docs discuss women's health and hormones as they take listeners questions about Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, thyroid issues, bio-identical hormones, perimenopause and menopause, fibriods and much more.
Listen to Dr. Prior and Candace Newton's interview with Christine and Molly on XM Satellite Radio. They discuss high estrogen in perimenopause, early menopause, pregnancy in your 40s, breast cancer, why Dr. Prior wrote Estrogen's Storm Season, and much more!
• New medications target menstrual suppression for healthy women and girls (Network magazine, Canadian Women's Health Network, January 2008)
CeMCOR and their co-investigators will probe the possibility that there is more than meets the eye to anovulatory androgen excess (AAE) also known as PCOS. Read more...
Candace Newton, Unlocking Serets for Women (www.unlockingsecrets.com), interviews Dr. Jerilynn Prior on perimenopause, heavy periods, menstrual suppression and much more.
• Shared Vision Visionary: Kerosene, Vinegar, and Women's Health (Shared Vision, April 2007)
• Pill That Eliminates the Period Gets Mixed Reviews (New York Times, April 20, 2007)
• Older hormone therapy as good as estrogen for hot flashes, trial suggests (CBC News, January 26, 2007)
Women with intense hot flushes chronically waking them at night are usually given estrogen therapy, the strongest known treatment. However, Read more...
• The End of the Period? [pdf] (Macleans, December 12, 2005)
We Rely On Your Support
If you find these materials helpful, and if you are able, please consider making a donation to cover our costs and support the research and education objectives of the Centre for Menstrual Cycle and Ovulation Research.